Friday, September 5, 2014

Back to Work!

Well I've been back from California for a week and it has not been as easy to get back to work on the boat as I thought it would be.

I had a wonderful time with my son, my daughter-in-law, and my three grandsons. The sights were amazing, (Google, the Golden Gate Bridge, the Redwoods, and San Francisco). The food was fantastic, (my son is quite the chef), as well as dining out at Super Duper Burgers, (did I mention my favorite food is HAMBURGERS?). The weather was wonderful and the laughter and smiles were frequent.

So, once back, I lagged a little in getting back in the swing of hot and sweaty boat work. That being said, I did manage to accomplish a couple of things; the rudder is painted and ready to be reinstalled, and the underwater lights are installed.

The next six to eight weeks are going to be a blitz! I have to have her in the water and at the marina where I will live aboard, by the end of October, or I may lose the slip I have reserved as well as my deposit to hold it. So buckle your seat belts, easy or not, the next few weeks will be wide open splash work for this man and this Westsail 32.

Pics below, (I included a couple of pics showing the lights as they look in the water on other boats).


I know, my boomkin tangs have to be replaced...





Fair seas and God bless!


6 comments:

  1. Good luck on the home stretch. Hope you can get her into the slip in time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I think I'll make it. It'll be a push, but pretty sure I can do it.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks lady with the same last name as me...lol. Glad you like them Mom! :)

      Delete
  3. Happy you had a good time in California, but I did miss your posts. Hold on cooler weather is coming, unfortunately should get here about the time you splash. Good luck with the home stretch, looking forward to seeing you sitting tied up in the marina with a cold one in your hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. I keep looking at the punch list and saying, "Wow!" but, we've come a long way and we'll get it done. Crunch Time!

      Delete