Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Living Aboard...

Well, I did it! I moved aboard Friday, November 14th and it has been great! Of course, she's still on the hard which makes it a little more difficult due to bathroom facilities not functioning when she is out of the water, but that has been a minor thing with marina facilities nearby..

The first night, I bought a few groceries and settled down with my laptop, internet, and the first season of House, M.D.. I used my two burner non-pressured alcohol stove to make my first meal aboard, (fried egg sandwiches). The sandwiches were great and I love the way the stove cooks! I then made a cup of hot chocolate and enjoyed the beginning of a this new lifestyle.

Last night, the temperature dropped into the forties and I got a little cold since I did not bring my small space heater aboard, but cold events are a rarity in South Florida so I doubt the cold will be a frequent issue. What was new was listening to the halyards as they gently knocked up against the mast as the wind picked up... I know it's weird, but I sort of liked the sounds she made as the winds taunted her during the night.

Eight more days and she will be in the water! I ordered and dated the remaining punch list items to ensure I complete them all by splash date.





Fair seas and God bless!


4 comments:

  1. And the best part of moving aboard...less space = less to clean!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Laura... I can clean the whole boat in about 10 minutes, vacuuming and all!

      Delete
  2. Congrats!!!! Big steps.

    We also moved aboard this week. Our first week is proving to be simply awesome.

    Mark and Cindy - s/v Cream Puff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! My first week has been great and I'm still on the hard... splashing on Friday. Can't wait to get her in her home marina.

      Congrats back on moving aboard!

      Delete