Tuesday, November 25, 2014

The Crunch is On!

As of this posting I have approximately 2 days, 15 hours, and 30 minutes until splash. Needless to say, the CRUNCH is on! I still have nine items to complete on the splash punch list. STRESS!!!

Today, I completed a major time consuming item - bottom prep and paint. I got almost as much paint on me as I did the bottom of the boat, but I must say, she looks great. For some reason, some of the pictures I took did not save to my phone, but I did get a few.

Rain tomorrow, so I'll be taking care of insurances, web work, and inside work.

2 Days, 15 hours, and 30 minutes! Stress?! Who me?!











Fair seas and God bless!


5 comments:

  1. I just looked at your punch list, you have accomplished so much and you did it through a Florida summer! Can't wait to see some shots of her back where she belongs and you sitting in the cockpit sipping a cold one.
    Full steam ahead!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mike. I still have a lot of refitting to do but she will finally taste salt-water again. From what I can determine, she has been on the hard for five or six years, salt-water is where she belongs.

      You're right, "Full steam ahead!!"

      Delete
    2. A fine sailing boat like yours is meant to live its life on the sea, not on dirt.

      Looking forward to when my boat is floating again too but it'll be a while.

      Delete
  2. exciting times ahead!

    She's come a long way in your hands so it'll be nice to see the results of so much hard work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan. I know now why they mostly call boats, "She"... It's like you fall in love with them! The strange pull of the sea and the romance of the ship.

      She will be beautiful sailing. Good luck with your continuing refit. Watch out for gnats. :)

      Delete