Monday, March 3, 2014

The First Post

Well, I did it!

I made an offer on a Westsail 32 and it was accepted. I sign the papers in the morning. I feel like a kid on Christmas morning. She was one of the last Westsails ever built.

After Westsail closed, the W32 molds ended up in Texas and a company named, P&M Worldwide made approximately 9 boats. I'm not sure which number my boat is, (I'll find out tomorrow), but regardless, she is one of the last 10 Westsails built. There are subtle differences in the Westsail version of the 32 and the P&M version...no wood rub-rail, a rounded propeller nest instead of square, stanchions are recessed...there may be more I haven't noticed yet.

Here are the pictures I have so far. She suffered fresh water damage inside from clogged cockpit drains for an extended period of time so I have a lot of woodwork to do, but she is solid with everything there to put her back together. The 54 HP Yanmar Diesel has only 198.4 hours and is presently out of the boat for engine room clean-up and painting. All the rigging is present and in good shape. Anyway, here are the pics I have so far.  More pics to come in the next couple of days.






























































Fair seas and God bless!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new boat!! She looks like she'll be wonderful after a good refit. Also it's neat to hear that the W32's actually have a ton more storage than the 28's. I didn't know it was that big of a difference.
    Dani

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dani. I've got some work to do but I'm sure it will be worth it.

      Delete
  2. Looks like you got quite a bit of work ahead of you. Looking forward to seeing how you tackle all of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes...I do have some work in front of me.

      I am trying to ascertain how I'm going to tackle it myself. Getting her dry is first priority, and I'm still figuring out the rest and order of repair. I'm looking forward to it though.

      Delete