Saturday, March 8, 2014

Front Hatch Installed...

The first priority is drying the boat in. Somehow, before I bought her, her hatches were left open for an extended period of time and she filled with fresh water to right above the sole. The water has been pumped out for sometime now and she is dry... BUT... She still needs to be made water tight.



The previous owner, (I guess), rigged a whirlybird thing on the front hatch. I guess it may have helped dry the boat out but I wasn't sure if I bought a boat or a barn... it had to go... today.

So, I located the parts to the front hatch, put it back together and mounted it. My phone died while working on it so I do not have any shots of the finished job but now it looks more like a Westsail 32. (I'll add some finished product pics next time I'm out).





Also, I finally got a pic of all six portholes in one picture. There are eight portholes in the main salon, two in the head/hanging locker area mid-ship, and two in the V-Berth.






Kenneth Grahame once said, “Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” I can only say he was absolutely right.

Fair seas and God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment