Monday, March 10, 2014

Butterfly Hatch and Hand Rails

I spent the day at the boat and had a blast. Again, there's just something about messing around on boats!

I removed all the tarps and started working on the butterfly hatch. I got the lower hinges installed but could not find the nuts and bolts to install the upper hinges...West Marine tomorrow. Well, at least she's starting to look like a Westsail again.

Did some major cleaning below and fixed a couple of loose boards. Then I inspected hand rails nuts and bolts and I noticed rust on many of the them. That means leaks... sooo... I followed suit with Tate and Dani on Sundowner and lost my grip... they are history. If later I deem this a mistake, I'll install stainless steel hand rails. As it stands, I have more room to sit without a rail bruising my tender tush.

Here's a few pics...







Fair seas and God bless!


No comments:

Post a Comment