Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Good News and the Bad News...

The good news is I have finished the Nav Station. The bad news is I HATE IT!

The stain looked OK on a test piece of wood, but once I applied it, it was way too dark. (I feel like I'm caught in a chocolate nightmare from which I cannot awake). So, today, I'll take it all up and REDO it with a white dry eraser type board, (Sorry, I don't know the official name of the type panel at Home Depot).

Honestly, I was thinking of going that way anyway, and this stain disaster has pushed me on over the edge. The good news is I can use the existing panel pieces as a pattern to cut a ONE piece panel which would be better anyway. Call me crazy but I have to live on this vessel and I have to like the way things are. (I do like the way the bead-board turned out).



Other Good News, the boat is clean and completely organized. It was to a point that it looked like a tornado had gone through a tool-shed and second hand marine parts store. Not anymore. Now she is organized and clean. 






I also did the floor-plan for the P&M Worldwide version of the Westsail 32. (Drop down center-line table).


I still have a long way to go but she is looking better every day.

Fair seas and God bless!



4 comments:

  1. The dark stain does make it look a little dated. Good thing you're already planning to change it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know. I bought the materials today and will start the REDO tomorrow if it doesn't rain all day. Thanks for the feedback Dan. I enjoy your blog.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the compliments.

      Any lookers on the 28? Hopefully you don't have to wait too long for it to sell.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, a few callers but nothing serious yet. I have a Yacht broker who is about to post her on Yacht World for me. At $12,500 she should move.

      Delete