Tuesday, July 1, 2014

The Main Cabin Renovation

I continued with the renovation of the main cabin. The 1/8" plywood had delaminated and rotted in a number of places and had to be removed. I'm not sure what type of adhesive P&M Worldwide used when they built this boat but it was unbelievably strong. Had it not been for the wood paneling delaminating and rotting, the adhesive would have easily lasted another thirty years. I literally had to use a wood chisel to remove it in the places where the wood had not given way. It took about three or four hours just to remove all the paneling and adhesive.

Once everything was removed, (paneling, adhesive, and port-lights), I placed my first piece of Vinyl Reversible Panel Wainscot Molding and insured it was perfectly vertical, (though nothing is square on a boat). From there I was able to finish the first portion of the house paneling. I'll finish the rest of it this evening.

Before, during, and after pics are below...














Fair seas and God bless!


2 comments:

  1. Yay she is coming along! The white paneling is going to make the cabin nice and bright!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks guys! I just finished the whole house today, will blog about it tonight.

      I pointed a buyer to Nami on Facebook Westsail but he was looking for a W32. Hope you find a buyer for her soon.

      I still want to take you guys to dinner before you leave. Let me know when you're hungry! :)

      Delete