Saturday, August 9, 2014

The Sole of the Boat

Today I started the cabin sole. I actually tore out all the water damaged hardwood flooring a few weeks back. For the last couple of evenings I've been filling and fairing the plywood decking and making repairs. (BTW, all the fairing compound was sanded smooth and level - not shown in the pics). That done, it was time to put down the flooring.

After a considerable amount of time and research, and contemplating budget guidelines, I decided to go with Allure Ultra Waterproof Vinyl Locking Plank Flooring. At this point, I am happy with my choice. I will go a step further than the standard installation and glue the flooring to the decking using an industrial waterproof cement. Today, (and tomorrow), I was and will be cutting and fitting the flooring, once that's done, I'll glue each plank individually.

Fair seas and God bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment