Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Solar Powered!

Well, the DC power is all but done, and today, she became solar powered. 

I installed a Renogy Solar Panel Bundle 200 Watt: Solar Panels UL Listed monocrystalline + MC4 adaptor Cable + PWM 30 Amp Charge Controller. Paired with my Vmaxtanks AGM 125ah 12V VMAX Batteries wired parallel, I should be juiced!

Tomorrow, a friend who is an electrical contractor by trade and thoroughly knows boat AC/DC is going to come over from two boats away, and hook up my AC/Shore Power including my ProNautic 12V 30A 3 bank Charger while I watch and learn. Thanks Kevin!



I still have some reading lights to order and install, but as of tomorrow evening, the AC & DC electrical work will be checked off.

Engine goes back in on Monday...I'M GETTING CLOSE!






Fair seas and God bless!


2 comments:

  1. Nice clean install. Looks good.

    The wires from the panels, are those plugs on the deck or the wires going through the deck to the batteries?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes. I had to use two water-proof pass thru plugs due to the size of the Solar Panel wires.

      Thanks.

      Delete